Re: Going dual-stack, how do apps behave and what to do as an operator (Was: Apple Airport Extreme IPv6 problems?)

  • From: Iljitsch van Beijnum
  • Date: Wed Sep 19 09:32:15 2007

On 18-sep-2007, at 23:51, [email protected] wrote:

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 23:29:38 +0200, Iljitsch van Beijnum said:
they can't do it in hardware or with decent speed in software) but
there are no cheap(er) Juniper boxes that are suitable for deployment
as a 5 - 200 Mbps tunnel box, in my opinion.

I presume your thinking is that by the time you get to 200Mbps of tunneled
stuff, it's time to get native mode turned up?

No need to wait that long... Native is always the best way to go if possible.

Honestly, I haven't considered the possiblity of someone needing more than a couple hundred megabits worth of tunnel traffic.