Re: Apple Airport Extreme IPv6 problems?

  • From: Barrett Lyon
  • Date: Sat Sep 15 14:24:54 2007

On Sep 15, 2007, at 11:01 AM, Rich Groves wrote:

Are there any reliable stats on the number of 6in4 tunnel connects after the Extreme was released ? I'm just wondering if this is something that we as a community can easily track.

Some DNS analysis at the provider I worked for in the past showed the bulk of AAAA requests (to my surprise) were for Nintendo Wii specific content (the weather app and news app) . When the Nintendo folk decide to do something more interesting and latency sensitive this could be a real problem I suppose.

We removed AAAA on our production hosts shortly after we deployed it, our global v6 deployment goes production next week, at which time I may re-add the AAAA to limited production. If we do this, I publish a report of the stats once I have more accurate figures.