Re: Going dual-stack, how do apps behave and what to do as an operator (Was: Apple Airport Extreme IPv6 problems?)

  • From: Iljitsch van Beijnum
  • Date: Tue Sep 18 17:33:30 2007

On 18-sep-2007, at 15:54, <[email protected]> <[email protected]> wrote:

There are a couple of gaps. I can find no info on how to set up 6to4
relay services on Juniper routers. Does JUNOS support this at all? If
you know, go to the above page, click on Juniper, and tell us what needs
to be done.

When I wrote my book, I mostly looked at Cisco for this, and apart from Cisco to FreeBSD and Linux. The logic is that on a Cisco, you can build a good tunnel box (6to4 or manual tunnels) on a C7200 or some other box that has a decent CPU that can do the tunneling in software. Quite possibly a Juniper can do the same with hardware support (although I don't know that and it's also very possible that they can't do it in hardware or with decent speed in software) but there are no cheap(er) Juniper boxes that are suitable for deployment as a 5 - 200 Mbps tunnel box, in my opinion.