Re: Verizon is easily fooled by spamming zombies

  • From: Gadi Evron
  • Date: Wed Jun 01 14:01:37 2005

> I fear you will have to agree to disagree with just about anyone who
> runs a large mail server.

Read my other email on that one.

> 1) It is not a solution because it does not stop spam.  In fact, it  is
> easier to send spam through VZ's mail servers than just about  anyone
> else's.

I was not discussing success, I was debating the fact that people should
be able to use their ISP's servers for everything they want. Such
limitations do in fact help, although they are not very bright and shiny
to ISP's. In fact, ISP's hate them. I am surprised Verizon took this
approach.

How Verizon does anti-spam is another matter best left for another thread.

> 2) It is a problem because they do not allow things almost every  other
> ISP does - things which are "standard" and things for which the
> anti-spam community has been fighting to put in place for many years.

Agreed. I can't and won't argue with that one.

	Gadi.