Re: Another driver for v6?

  • From: Andy Davidson
  • Date: Thu Oct 30 11:55:25 2008

On 30 Oct 2008, at 15:47, David W. Hankins wrote:

If someone can't reach the hypothetical A/AAAA www.google.com RRset,
you've just increased your support costs.  "My network is slow."
"Are you using IPv4 or IPv6?" "Netscape."

Do you think that industry should be working to some kind of well supported / worldwide flag day when lots of popular resources add v6 records at the same time ?

In the same way that in the UK, appliance manufacturers have been educating people about the analogue terrestrial TV switchoff by 2012, do you think that we should be advocating a 'internet PLUS day' some time in (date plucked from the air) 2014 ?

-a