Re: Another driver for v6?

  • From: Bruce Curtis
  • Date: Wed Oct 29 18:29:34 2008

On Oct 29, 2008, at 10:32 AM, Joe Maimon wrote:

Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
On Tue, 28 Oct 2008, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

They claim they will deploy IPv6 in their worldwide enterprise network, do away with central based enterprise firewalls and do host-to-host IPv6+IPSEC, Active Directory based certificates for authentication.

You know that windows 2000 was released with this functionality. Its nothing new and it is not ipv6 specific.

Who is using it precisely?

Microsoft, on 200,000 computers at the time of the paper below.

We have a couple of departments using IPsec here and one more seriously looking at it. (Mainly a matter of finding time to test and implement.)

Plus there are at least a couple of other Universities.

http://members.microsoft.com/CustomerEvidence/Search/EvidenceDetails.aspx?EvidenceID=14258&LanguageID=1

https://members.microsoft.com/customerevidence/search/EvidenceDetails.aspx?EvidenceID=14205&LanguageID=1

And I see a City has been added to the list.

http://www.microsoft.com/casestudies/casestudy.aspx?casestudyid=4000000161

http://www.cu.ipv6tf.org/pdf/v6security_6Sense_Jan2006.pdf

--- Bruce Curtis [email protected] Certified NetAnalyst II 701-231-8527 North Dakota State University