Re: v6 subnet size for DSL & leased line customers

  • From: Mark Smith
  • Date: Sat Dec 29 00:53:06 2007

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 21:50:01 -0500
"Robert E. Seastrom" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Leo Bicknell <[email protected]> writes:

<snip>

> I'd really, really, really like to have DHCP6 on the Mac.  Autoconfig
> is not sufficient for this task unless there is some kind of trick you
> can do to make the eui-64 come out the same for both interfaces (don't
> think so).

Don't know if Mac's can do bridging, but under Linux, all you'd need to
do would be create bridge instance, assign the two or more interfaces to the
bridge, and have DHCPv6 use the bridge virtual interface.

Regards,
Mark.

--

        "Sheep are slow and tasty, and therefore must remain constantly
         alert."