Re: v6 subnet size for DSL & leased line customers

  • From: Kevin Loch
  • Date: Mon Dec 24 14:07:56 2007

Christopher Morrow wrote:

RA/Autoconf won't work at all for some folks with deployed server
infra, all they want is a method to get a static addr on a box and
route properly. Perhaps RA gets them the 'route properly' part easily
enough but I can imagine places where that is even turned off.

I think it would be great to be able to do hybrids with RA for other situations where a shotgun approach is ok but I do not think we will want to use that in server environments. Hopefully vrrpv6 will work
with RA turned completely off.

- Kevin