Re: Going dual-stack, how do apps behave and what to do as an operator (Was: Apple Airport Extreme IPv6 problems?)

  • From: Iljitsch van Beijnum
  • Date: Mon Sep 24 09:15:11 2007

On 24-sep-2007, at 13:55, Nathan Ward wrote:

The other thing to note - 6to4 kicks in on Vista if it has a non- RFC1918 IPv4 address, so we're talking about people NATing large numbers of non-RFC1918 space. Regardless of how crazy they might seem, these networks exist

[...]

when those networks become few enough that we can turn on AAAA records for production stuff, they'll be forced to sort their stuff out).

How far can one bend over backwards before breaking said back?