Re: Going dual-stack, how do apps behave and what to do as an operator (Was: Apple Airport Extreme IPv6 problems?)

  • From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ
  • Date: Mon Sep 24 07:21:16 2007
  • Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nowsp; d=consulintel.es; s=MDaemon; t=1190630725; x=1191235525; [email protected]; q=dns; h=DomainKey-Signature:Received:User-Agent:Date:Subject:From:To: Message-ID:Thread-Topic:Thread-Index:In-Reply-To:Mime-version: Content-type:Content-transfer-encoding:Reply-To; b=EN0uj71m909OtW RLSGSpLexkLnR0fYuD8WKf8c4W/ZAVgk4DSvE4cZVO53CuG8weLgWuQnqT50Ba6y Rn+j8MSQtBab06Wyj3MVwTURw+RsQKBoFvb82vg3Ypcy7mk6uQs0CYFSYGzAFfcv bLugaIbrOe6lF5vrlw9l4Q/INgo+g=

There is something not correct here ... Proto-41 is supported by many boxes,
even NAT boxes, I guess by mistake from de vendor/implementation ...

Basically many boxes just understand TCP and UDP and they decide to
"pass-thru" other unknown protocols, instead of discarding them.

I've document that long time ago:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-palet-v6ops-proto41-nat-03

There is a PDF document also linked into the ID which may be interesting to
read for an specific example.

I use many times proto-41 (even with 6to4) even when I get private (behind
NAT) addresses for my laptop via my 3G phone.

Regards,
Jordi