Re: Boeing's Connexion announcement

  • From: Bill Woodcock
  • Date: Mon Oct 16 13:48:42 2006

      On Sun, 15 Oct 2006, Roland Dobbins wrote:
    > Not the new MacBooks and MacBook Pros - Apple changed the connector, and
    > so far have apparently refused to license it to third parties, nor have
    > they come out with an airline power adaptor of their own.

While those are both true, neither negates my statement that Apple laptops
(meaning all of them) can run from native EmPower voltage.  No transformer
is required, only a correct cable.

http://www.woodynet.net/pics/index.php?currentDir=photos/2006/06.03-EmPower-MagSafe.Adapter

Alec Peterson was reporting success with one of these, as well:

http://www.mikegyver.com/

                                -Bill