Boeing's Connexion announcement

  • From: Rodney Joffe
  • Date: Fri Oct 13 16:55:22 2006

I just got email that some of you may have also received, talking about the end of the service, reasons, etc.

The interesting piece is that the service will be free from now through Dec 31 when they turn off the system. Their homepage has a new link so you can sign up in advance, and then use the system when you fly on any equipped airline free.

http://www.connexionbyboeing.com/

They say that there is currently no suitor.

It sure would be nice if there was one. Maybe the Connexion folks on the list could tell us what is needed to make it work on the network side - I'm sure we have enough resources between us to handle that. And there are a number of aircraft that already have the equipment...

/rlj