Re: ISP compliance < LEAs - tech and logistics

  • From: Peter Dambier
  • Date: Wed May 24 14:56:31 2006

Christian Kuhtz wrote:
On May 24, 2006, at 9:44 AM, [email protected] wrote:

I see a list of documents. I see no sign that these documents are
standards, nor that they are actually *implemented*. I know for a fact
that the service provider I work for has not implemented this on the
IP side.
French and german ISPs keep complaining about what it has cost them and
they keep informing us (customers) that it is on us to pay the bill.

I remember one german ISP who was helpful enough to mention the cost
for spying in his bill. It was a mistake and the money was refunded ...

Whenever mailservers are down here in germany somebody mentions the
delay is because all email is routed via the german gouvernement again :)

Now, now, Steinar, we all know that cannot be true. Case and point, everyone has implemented RFC 3514, just because it has been published as a standard.

;-)

Best regards,
Christian
I just tested my NAT-router and made shure it is RFC 3514 compliant.
Yes the NASTY bit is set :)

Cheers
Peter and Karin

--