Re: ISP compliance < LEAs - tech and logistics [was: snfc21 snifferdocs]

  • From: Peter Dambier
  • Date: Wed May 24 07:05:16 2006

[email protected] wrote:
The NANOG meeting archives are full of presentations as the result
of very sophisticated network monitoring.  Like most technology,
it can be used for good and evil.  You can't tell the motivation
just from the technology.
OK, so he says in a roundabout way that you are
already paying for some sophisticated network monitoring
and it probably won't cost you much to just give
some data to the "authorities".

Sean, please drop this subject. You have no experience here and it's
annoying that you keep making authoritative claims like you have some
operational experience in this area. If you do, please do elaborate
and correct me. From what I understand from the folks at SBC, you
did not run harassing call, annoyance call, and LAES services. I would
appreciate a correction.

Huh!?!?!?
Are you saying that people should buzz off from the NANOG list if they change jobs and their latest
position isn't operational enough? Are you saying that
people should not be on the NANOG list unless they
have TELEPHONY operational experience?

What is the world coming to!?

--Michael Dillon

The guy wants to say, please raise your eyes above the horizon of your
plate and view a not yet existing country named europe. Here our
infrastructure is a lot more advanced and we have standardized a
common eavesdropping api. That makes sense with shifting points of
view from IRA and Basque Separatists to the European Central Bank
everybody can use the standart API and start listening. Of course
nobody except the European Central Bank is allowed listening, but -
who cares?

I am told china too is very advanced. But I am shure North America
will catch up fast.

Or does he mean Operations, the IRA guys who are running the London
Docklands eavesdropping facility, that connects europe via the glc
fibre?

</ranting> <? remember where we started ???

Cheers
Peter and Karin

--
Peter and Karin Dambier