Re: And Now for Something Completely Different (was Re: IPv6 news)

  • From: Paul Jakma
  • Date: Tue Oct 18 01:43:08 2005

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

Also, if everybody got their equal size subnet delegation from each ISP then it shouldnt be that much of a problem to run two "networks" side-by-side by using the subnet part of the delegation equal to both networks, but keep the prefix separate. If you switch providers you change the prefix part. This means we need new mechanisms to handle this,
Hmm, one thing that would be nice would be to seperate the prefix from the host identifier in DNS, oh... wait..

but I feel that's better than doing the routing mistake again.
It's all routing, just shifting different portions of it to different places.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma [email protected] [email protected] Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: