Re: IPv6 daydreams

  • From: Paul Jakma
  • Date: Tue Oct 18 01:38:16 2005

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, David Barak wrote:

Wrong issue. What I'm unhappy about is not the size of the address - you'll notice that I didn't say "make the whole address space smaller." What I'm unhappy about is the exceedingly sparse allocation policies
You can allocate to 100% density on the network identifier if you want, right down to /64.

The host identifier simply is indivisible, and just happens to be 64bit.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma [email protected] [email protected] Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: