Re: IPv6 news

  • From: Paul Jakma
  • Date: Tue Oct 18 01:50:38 2005

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Andre Oppermann wrote:

We all know how well carrier phone number routing and number portability works, don't we?
EWORKSFORME (and everyone else here). Took a good bit of very firm pressure from ComReg, the telecoms wathdog/regulator here, to overcome negative reaction from the operators though.

(There's no such pressure which could be applied on IP operators, but same processes essentially could be applied at least for IP connectivity at national regulatory levels at least - trade /32's at INEX, the IX here and figure out billing. If only ComReg had the authority.. ;) ).

regards,
--
Paul Jakma [email protected] [email protected] Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: