Re: Spam handling

  • From: joe
  • Date: Thu Apr 29 00:21:31 2004

Martin,

> Because everyone is really meant to also own a Hotmail, AOL, Yahoo, gmail,
or some such "reputable" email service that you use for instances like this.
Lol. ok so
    Yes an entry like
aol.com         smtp:[smtp.comcast.net]
cs.com          smtp:[smtp.comcast.net]
in mailertable is fine, but why advertise such a bogus means of a fix?
As well, I'm not hotmail nor AOL so little guys are mucked up than.

> OR... set your outbound SMTP server to your upstream's so that at least
this message goes out correctly.  In your case (for 24.61.68.177) you would
use Comcast's SMTP name, whatever that is.

And perhaps you mean ip-66-xx.xxx.xx.dsl.bos.megapath.net (66.xx.xx.xx) as
well..
None the less, this doesn't support the response of "email [email protected] to
request removal"
being 550 access denied. Perhaps this is some sort of spam deterant?

Cheers Martin, Used to be out there in PacBell land too, 5 IPs  via DSL.
Ahh, Luck guy.
> Martin

-Joe