Re: Annoying dynamic DNS updates (was Re: someone from attbi please contact me ...)

  • From: Brian Bruns
  • Date: Sun Sep 28 18:02:23 2003

Paul,

How about just configuring your BIND to return errors when his queries
against your server?  He has got to be using you as either a primary or
secondary name server.  That would make everything on that machine suddenly
come to a grinding halt as nothing would resolve anymore.

I used to do that to customers who didn't turn off dynamic dns updates.  It
got their attention quick.

Brian Bruns
Open Solutions For A Closed World / Anti-Spam Resources
http://www.2mbit.com
ICQ: 8077511