Re: NATs *ARE* evil!

  • From: Jeff Mcadams
  • Date: Fri Dec 15 11:20:26 2000

Also sprach David R Huberman
>> (it has been a royal pain to get anyone on the phone at ARIN in the
>> past)

>That is a patently false statement.

>Since late 1997, ARIN staff have answered the phone on the first ring,
>generally. You'll never get a busy signal or a complicated phone tree.
>Stating that ARIN doesn't answer the phone is so wildly incorrect it
>makes me wonder why you would say such a thing.

And who on earth are *you* to tell *me* what *my* experience with ARIN
has been.

I *have* had a nightmare of a time getting anyone from ARIN on the phone
in the past, and for you to say that you haven't doesn't invalidate my
experiences.  Perhaps I haven't found the same phone numbers that you
have or something, but my experience has been that I have *always* had a
hard time getting anyone from ARIN on the phone...shoot...first time I
wanted to try, I couldn't even find a phone number on their web site to
even *attempt* it...this has since changed, but ARIN does have a history
of being *extremely* difficult to deal with.  It seems they are
attempting to improve this.

They needed to.
--
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email protected]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848