Re: Packet Loss

  • From: Bennett Todd
  • Date: Fri Dec 15 11:07:39 2000

2000-12-14-16:51:43 Joel Jaeggli:
> > Never under-estimate the bandwidth of a mini-van filled with DLT tapes, on
> > the freeway at 65 mph.
> > 	- updated to current - rmeyer - original author unknown
>
> the earliest attribution I've seen is the internet jargon files

I tried to track that one down many years ago. The first attribution
I knew of was Henry Spencer. I asked him about it, and he disclaimed
authorship, said he didn't know where it may have originated, but
that I should consider checking the very early working papers of the
arpanet, c. 1970-ish.

-Bennett