OT: pagers/phones

  • From: Charles Sprickman
  • Date: Thu Dec 14 16:08:51 2000

Hi,

Is anyone using TAP-based paging software with any of the major two-way
pager companies or any cell phones that have paging features?

Specifically we were looking at PageMart 2-ways, SprintPCS, and Nextel.
Any other suggestions are more than welcome.  The only thing we are NOT
interested in is any email-based paging (doesn't work too well if the
internet is 'broken').

Qpage.org lists all three of those providers as having a TAP number, but
they all deny any knowledge of such a thing.

We are dropping PageNet, as they have no unlimited plans, yanked service
without notice, and charge $.25/page past the limit.

Thanks in advance, and apologies if this is not an "operational" issue,

Charles