Re: decreased caching efficiency?

  • From: Adrian Chadd
  • Date: Thu Oct 19 12:40:05 2000

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000, John Fraizer wrote:

> On this end of the pond, many of us measure success with MRTG and can very
> accurately plot profits using the same OIDs.  You are absolutely
> right.  When you're in the business of selling bandwidth, that is what you
> are interested in.  Not being on the other end of a sat link helps I
> suppose.

John,

I agree, but I would have thought that web providers would have oved
the idea of making more money off less equipment. :-)

This is why I believe CDN type technology is proving to be more popular
than the original forward-caches. I fear though that more and more content
will end up defeating even local caches on small links, and THIS is a
big problem in my eyes.

Solve that, and the problem in the original email is solved ..

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"It was then that I knew that I wouldn't
<[email protected]>	    die, as a doctor wouldn't fart in front