Re: decreased caching efficiency?

  • From: John Fraizer
  • Date: Sat Oct 21 01:51:07 2000

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 19, 2000, John Fraizer wrote:
>
> > On this end of the pond, many of us measure success with MRTG and can very
> > accurately plot profits using the same OIDs.  You are absolutely
> > right.  When you're in the business of selling bandwidth, that is what you
> > are interested in.  Not being on the other end of a sat link helps I
> > suppose.
>
> John,
>
> I agree, but I would have thought that web providers would have oved
> the idea of making more money off less equipment. :-)

How do I make more money when someone upstream from me caches information
from my clients webservers and subsequent requests  never make it to
my clients servers and therefore my clients servers never reply?

Bandwidth is NOT a problem for us.  It sucks that it is in some parts of
the world but it ISN'T here.  We'll lay more fiber when we need more pipe.
It's that simple.

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc.