Re: decreased caching efficiency?

  • From: John Fraizer
  • Date: Thu Oct 19 11:49:00 2000

> In general, I think that theyre are way too many web-developers out there
> who are ignorant of just how simple yet powerful the caching primitives
> in HTTP/1.1 are, and too many companies who are just interested in more
> damned traffic. :-)
>
> Adrian
>
> --
> Adrian Chadd			"It was then that I knew that I wouldn't
> <[email protected]>	    die, as a doctor wouldn't fart in front
> 				      of a dying boy." -- Angela's Ashes

Adrian,

On this end of the pond, many of us measure success with MRTG and can very
accurately plot profits using the same OIDs.  You are absolutely
right.  When you're in the business of selling bandwidth, that is what you
are interested in.  Not being on the other end of a sat link helps I
suppose.

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc