Re: ARIN Policy on IP-based Web Hosting

  • From: Bill Fumerola
  • Date: Fri Sep 01 20:15:01 2000

On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 04:52:49PM -0700, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:

> > [0] OK, one. I recall seeing somewhere that Linux's TCP/IP
> > code supports it.
>
> it does, in the more recent kernels. It even has the v6-v4 tunnel code.

<shameless-selfpromotion>
FreeBSD now ships (and can even install over) IPv6 by default. It also contains
all the necessary tools and tidbits to to v6-v4 tunnels and route v6, and IPsec
and such.

I'm 99% sure NetBSD and OpenBSD can do the same (modulo install, I think).
</shameless-selfpromotion>

> The real issue is getting all those routers and switches deployed. We
> can then turn up the clients and servers as needed.

Agreed. The machines are ready, the infrastructure isn't.

--
Bill Fumerola - Network Architect, BOFH / Chimes, Inc.
                [email protected] / [email protected]