Re: ARIN Policy on IP-based Web Hosting

  • From: Stephen Stuart
  • Date: Fri Sep 01 20:28:44 2000

> [0] OK, one. I recall seeing somewhere that Linux's TCP/IP code supports
> it.

There's a list of implementations at:

    http://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng/html/ipng-implementations.html

FreeBSD and NetBSD both have stacks, and a raft of vendor-supplied
flavors of UNIX. And Microsoft, as was already noted.

Regarding deployment:

> [1] Truthfully, I don't spend my time with my nose buried in technical
> journals, and I don't keep up as much with the infrastructure side of
> things as I'd like to (and probably should), but I would think that this
> would be big news if it had actually happened.

http://www.cnn.com/2000/TECH/computing/03/22/first.ipv6.idg/index.html

Apparently there was no earth-shattering kaboom.

Stephen