RE: net-loss (was RE: attention net-grrls)

  • From: Rachel Luxemburg
  • Date: Fri Jun 09 16:37:48 2000

Until you've spent a couple of years being the only woman in the room at
meetings and other business events, you really don't understand how
different the feeling is to be someplace, even virtually, where everyone is
like you.

I suspect that men who hold or have held jobs in overwhelmingly female
fields have the best chance of grokking this issue. Or, of course, other
minorities (you could count the number of black employees at my employer's
HQ on one hand).

If you feel threatened or offended by the fact that some women feel a need
to have some space for themselves, I'm sorry for you. But to call it sexist
or counterproductive just shows how little you understand the issue.

Rachel Luxemburg            [email protected]
Visit SoundAmerica     http://soundamerica.com