RE: net-loss (was RE: attention net-grrls)

  • From: Rich Sena
  • Date: Sun Jun 11 06:42:39 2000

Ya know I thought of trying to snap off yet another funny quip, quiping
is of course what I do best (well there are other things but typing
gets.... nevermind) , and to my dismay I actually thought about
what she and later Danielle were saying - and then I parsed the list of
female co-workers I've had in the field to date (no pun - cut it out now -
man this serious stuff is killing me - so much *good* material here - so
much immaturity wasted on this serious stuff - anyway...)

I thought of each of them and to be honest I can only recall 1 or 2 that
was really *any* good (what definitions I'm using for good actually seems
to be the problem here that we're all missing). However as I sat down and
hummed my 'Opressions, suppression, it's OK...' mantra at my keboard - I
then also parsed the men that I have worked with/hired - and to be honest
they weren't all that much better - especially if dismissed the way that
some of the grrls ( to borrow the term) were, and if applied to that same
moshed up definition I tried to use whenI parsed the ladies...

Cmon lets be honest - the same tags get applied - though the linguistics
change - our terms were just as stoopid as any other of the Nerdolution's:
the ole booth babe at trade shows, one of my favortie has always been
'pincushion' (you do the math) - but the point is I'm leaning toward these
'grrls' as having a point here - they have had it rougher than the us over
thirty stalky pony-railed red-heads... and all the rest of you neo-hippie
wanna-be's too... they started out in the hole catching deuces (man I love
using that line in a sentence) - sure we usually trash the new *guy* but
at some point the new *guy* becomes one of the company squaler - but the
new *grrrl* is usually not allowed in all the reindeer games (mostly
because they invlove the gents huddled around the big NOC monitor
critiquing the latest mpeg - ah to be young, dumb and full of gum...  Man
am I an hr nightmare - this actually set out to make a point...

Anyway - keep the faith sistahhhhs...

--
I am nothing if not net-Q! - [email protected]