Re: was i asleep when the gtld servers had the worse problem today?

  • From: Mathias Koerber
  • Date: Fri Nov 13 01:20:52 1998

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, J.D. Falk wrote:

| Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 12:13:45 -0800
| From: "J.D. Falk" <[email protected]>
| To: Stephen Sprunk <[email protected]>, [email protected]
| Subject: Re: was i asleep when the gtld servers had the worse problem today?
|
| On 11/12/98, Stephen Sprunk <[email protected]> wrote:
|
| > Thanks to the flood of complaints about the technical accuracy of the
| > article, it has been updated:
|
| 	The response I got from Janet Kornblum also mentioned that
| 	she's trying to find out exactly what happened...hopefully
| 	that'll be possible.

is it just me, or are people confused by the references to
	f.root-servers.net (Paul Vixie's machine)
and
	f.gtld-servers.net

which was also reported to have problems? I only read
"F server" in this article, but there are two of those, and
only f.root-servers.net is operated by  volunteers, f.gtld-servers.net
is (AFAIK) operated by NSI...

| --
| J.D. Falk <[email protected]>                "A name indicates what we seek.
| Special Agent In Charge (Abuse Issues)    An address indicates where it is.
| Critical Path, Inc.                       A route indicates how we get there."
|                                               -- Jon Postel (1943-1998)

Mathias Koerber	  | Tel: +65 / 471 9820    |   [email protected]
SingNet NOC	  | Fax: +65 / 475 3273    |            [email protected]
Q'town Tel. Exch. | PGP: Keyid: 768/25E082BD, finger [email protected]
2 Stirling Rd     |      1A 8B FC D4 93 F1 9A FC BD 98 A3 1A 0E 73 01 65
S'pore 148943     | Disclaimer: I speak only for myself
* Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft *