Re: was i asleep when the gtld servers had the worse problem today?

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Thu Nov 12 21:52:53 1998

On 11/12/98, Mathias Koerber <[email protected]> wrote:

> is it just me, or are people confused by the references to
> 	f.root-servers.net (Paul Vixie's machine)
> and
> 	f.gtld-servers.net
>
> which was also reported to have problems? I only read
> "F server" in this article, but there are two of those, and
> only f.root-servers.net is operated by  volunteers, f.gtld-servers.net
> is (AFAIK) operated by NSI...

	Is it just me, or does it appear that this type of confusion
	could have easily been avoided, and NSI decided to not even
	attempt to avoid it?

	I'm usually the last person to run around spouting conspiracy
	theories about Network Solutions, but this is getting silly.

--
J.D. Falk <[email protected]>                "A name indicates what we seek.
Special Agent In Charge (Abuse Issues)    An address indicates where it is.