Re: Firewall in Routers??

  • From: Andrew Smith
  • Date: Mon Mar 03 18:13:39 1997

> With all of the recent attacks against ISP services, has anybody
> considered implementing Checkpoint Firewalls into the CISCO 7513s to
> front end all traffic from the Internet?
>
> --
> Tim Crowell - GTE Intelligent Network Services
> [email protected]		Voice: 214.751.3881

I know that Bay is doing this with Checkpoint when (or soon after)
FW-1 3.0 is released. I assume this would make a deal with cisco
rather difficult, especially considering the way cisco has been
pushing the PIX box against FW-1.

Andrew Smith ** [email protected] ** Network Engineer ** 1-888-NEOSOFT
       ** "Opportunities multiply as they are seized" - Sun Tzu **
            ** http://www.neosoft.com/neosoft/staff/andrew **