RE: Revealed: The Internet's well known BGP behavior

  • From: Jon Lewis
  • Date: Thu Aug 28 01:20:02 2008

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008, Hank Nussbacher wrote:

At 11:32 PM 27-08-08 -0500, John Lee wrote:
Thanks guys, going back to my Comer one more time. My issue, question was whether the organization doing the hijacking controlled all of the routers in the new modified path or only some of them?

John (ISDN) Lee

They didn't have control of any routers other than their own. What they had to find is a single clueless upstream ISP that would allow them to announce prefixes that didn't belong to them.

Clueless or big and inattentive? AFAIK, Level3 will accept anything from me...as long as I put it in one of the IRRs the day before I plan to announce it.

 Jon Lewis                   |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |