RE: Revealed: The Internet's well known BGP behavior

  • From: Hank Nussbacher
  • Date: Thu Aug 28 00:47:18 2008

At 11:32 PM 27-08-08 -0500, John Lee wrote:
Thanks guys, going back to my Comer one more time. My issue, question was whether the organization doing the hijacking controlled all of the routers in the new modified path or only some of them?

John (ISDN) Lee

They didn't have control of any routers other than their own. What they had to find is a single clueless upstream ISP that would allow them to announce prefixes that didn't belong to them.

-Hank