Re: Software router state of the art

  • From: Andrew D Kirch
  • Date: Mon Jul 28 17:31:04 2008

Rev. Jeffrey Paul wrote:
On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 10:08:32PM +0100, [email protected] wrote:
But if you want free suggestions, then you'll have to put up with
half answers, vendor fanboys, and the usual ruckus of NANOG.

As much as I hate to contribute to the problem, I'd like to point out that the barrage of useless, off-topic, empty traffic on this list in the last week is, in my estimation, quite a bit above the "usual" ruckus of NANOG.

While I'm not one to thunk down the rulebook, can you all collectively
knock it off?

Cheers,
-jp
I haven't followed the other threads in the last week, but I don't think that a discussion of routers is off topic. While Michael's opinion was expressed in a fairly tongue-in-cheek method as would be required by his response, I don't see anything offtopic, perhaps just hotly worded.

Anderw