RE: Software router state of the art

  • From: michael.dillon
  • Date: Mon Jul 28 17:08:47 2008

> > Click for instance <http://read.cs.ucla.edu/click/>

> Thanks for being oh-so-helpful with a serious question. Got
> any useful answers for me? Give me a vendor that offers your
> suggestion. I don't have time for a make-it-myself solution.

Sorry, but you're in the wrong place. The IP networking consultants
are over thataway, and if you pay them a nice daily fee they will
sort out your problem for you.

But if you want free suggestions, then you'll have to put up with
half answers, vendor fanboys, and the usual ruckus of NANOG.

--Michael Dillon

P.S. that was a serious suggestion up above. If you have an interest
in software routers, then you should look at it. If you just want to
buy products then all routers are software routers, most especially
the ones that depend on something called IOS or Junos. Focus on the
capabilities that you need and the prices. Don't try to be pretend to
be a router designer.