Re: Software router state of the art

  • From: Christopher Morrow
  • Date: Mon Jul 28 17:48:06 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Seth Mattinen <[email protected]> wrote:

> The problem I'm facing is that if I want something from Cisco that can do at
> least line-rate T3, I'm looking at least $20k per router. I don't have a
> uber-budget, so for me, that's kind of painful when I start to need more
> than one plus spare parts. But, I have a high level of confidence that I can
> put cards in, some memory, power it up, configure it and I'm good to go.

it's interesting that no one has mentioned the Nokia platform in this
discussion... they have a pc-based rackable server platform (in the
ip530/ip560 sized box) which would do T3 interfaces (from nokia I
believe even). Looking at the nokia website now I don't see WAN
capabilities below the 1220 though :( so you'd have to be in for that
at least.

-Chris