Network Solutions domain transfer lock policy?

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Mon Nov 19 18:01:31 2007

I just became aware of an SOP at Network solutions. On a contact change to a domain, they automatically transfer lock the domain for 60 days.

I am aware of ICANN-approved behaviors like 60 days lock on new or transfered registrations.

This is a new curve ball and seems a little out-of-the-spirit of ICANN regulations (last I saw them).

Is anyone aware of this as a kosher activity and is anyone aware of any other registrars doing it? Keep in mind, these are legitimate contact changes and not suspicious in anyway.

Thanks in advance,

DJ