Re: Network Solutions domain transfer lock policy?

  • From: ed
  • Date: Mon Nov 19 18:28:33 2007

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:59:11 -0500
Deepak Jain <[email protected]> wrote:

> I just became aware of an SOP at Network solutions. On a contact
> change to a domain, they automatically transfer lock the domain for
> 60 days.
>
> I am aware of ICANN-approved behaviors like 60 days lock on new or
> transfered registrations.
>
> This is a new curve ball and seems a little out-of-the-spirit of
> ICANN regulations (last I saw them).
>
> Is anyone aware of this as a kosher activity and is anyone aware of
> any other registrars doing it? Keep in mind, these are legitimate
> contact changes and not suspicious in anyway.

AFAIK the domain contact has nothing to do with the ICANN registration.
The contact details are an attribute that is between yourself and the
registrar.

Reminds me of an old phrase, "friends don't let friends register with
network solutions"?

Best just complain at "them" until they change the lock, it's not a
lock at ICANN its a registrar lock, from what I can tell from the
description.

--
The dirt trail to the Verizon Switch is screwed because of Shagy
downloading MP3's. The Network Admin is planning a christmas party.