Re: Content Delivery Networks

  • From: Rodney Joffe
  • Date: Mon Aug 13 12:55:07 2007

On Aug 13, 2007, at 2:25 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:

* Rodney Joffe:

Do you have any real examples of significant recursive servers doing
this?

nscd in GNU libc has issues related to cache expiry. I'm not sure if it is general brokenness, or some TTL-related issue. It's use is not terribly widespread, and it's a host-specific cache only, but there's a certain installation base.

Thanks Florian. So this looks like a code "feature", not stupid behavior by deployers. I'll keep a note when we fingerprint misbehaving systems in the future.

/rlj

-- Florian Weimer <[email protected]> BFK edv-consulting GmbH http://www.bfk.de/ Kriegsstraße 100 tel: +49-721-96201-1 D-76133 Karlsruhe fax: +49-721-96201-99