Re: Cisco CRS-1 vs Juniper 1600 vs Huawei NE5000E

  • From: Pekka Savola
  • Date: Fri Aug 03 17:10:40 2007

On Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Robert Boyle wrote:
At 02:17 AM 8/3/2007, you wrote:
Hi,, group

I need some help.

   Which equipment is better ( perfomance, availability,
scalability, features, Support, and Price ($$$) ) ???

Some experience in the real life ????

Dependent on your interface needs, if GigE, 10G, (40G & 100G in the future) and POS are all you need, include the Foundry XMR in your eval too. Very solid software and excellent support at a price point which is significantly lower than C & J. I don't know the pricing for H.

Any experiences of Foundry routing w/ more complex protocols (PIM, MSDP, various IPv6 stuff)?

The last time we tried running non-C/J as a router was a very Extreme experience and we swore never again to touch similar router underdogs in the future.