Re: Could it be possible to extend PPPoE Error code?

  • From: Dominic J. Eidson
  • Date: Mon Mar 26 19:06:54 2007

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, Hugh Irvine wrote:

Hello Joe -

There is a RADIUS "Reply-Message" reply attribute that can be used to send any message you wish in an Access-Reject. However the display of whatever is sent in the "Reply-Message" is up to your NAS equipment and/or connecting client device. In my experience there are almost no client devices that actually display the "Reply-Message", but as always YMMV.

It seems to me this would be something best reserved for the radius server, not the end-user to track.

And it seems trivial to get (at least on 2 out of 3) radius servers to have them log a line to syslog/your choice of log file upon failures, including which of your three scenarios caused the failure..

- d.