Re: Every incident is an opportunity

  • From: Barry Shein
  • Date: Mon Feb 12 17:23:08 2007

Of course, but the point was the goal of that targetting. The US
public by and large believed, and seems to still believe (i.e., the TV
show Jericho) that the goal of a USSR attack was purely vindictive,
complete annhilation. Apparently Civil Defense leaned more towards
invasion as a goal.

No doubt as weapons systems evolve how you achieve one goal or the
other evolves.

Either goal leads to different targeting strategies, as possible. If
your goal is invasion then value preservation is important (factories,
bridges, civilian infrastructure, etc.) If anniliation is the goal
than it's of no importance, just bomb the densest population centers.

--
        -Barry Shein

The World              | [email protected]           | http://www.TheWorld.com
Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Login: Nationwide