Re: Collocation Access

  • From: Leo Vegoda
  • Date: Wed Dec 27 18:16:03 2006

On Dec 27, 2006, at 11:20 PM, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:

[...]

To open a totally separate can-of-worms, why not take my driver's license? Easier to replace than a passport and much less trouble when crossing borders. And before someone says "they don't know what a DL from $COUNTRY looks like", realize that they really don't know what a passport looks like either.
My driving license doesn't have a photograph on it, so using it as an identity document is pointless. Some organisations use it that way, but...

Passports should at least follow the MRTD standard published by ICAO. I suspect the issue is the difficulty with verifying the authenticity of a passport rather than knowing what the passport ought to look like.

Leo