Re: Collocation Access

  • From: Patrick W. Gilmore
  • Date: Wed Dec 27 18:21:29 2006

On Dec 27, 2006, at 6:13 PM, Leo Vegoda wrote:
On Dec 27, 2006, at 11:20 PM, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:

[...]

To open a totally separate can-of-worms, why not take my driver's license? Easier to replace than a passport and much less trouble when crossing borders. And before someone says "they don't know what a DL from $COUNTRY looks like", realize that they really don't know what a passport looks like either.
My driving license doesn't have a photograph on it, so using it as an identity document is pointless. Some organisations use it that way, but...
Sorry, I thought we were discussing something to be held by the staff to ensure you return an access card. That does not have to be the same document used to verify identity. Last time I checked, the $50 (or �20, or �5000 or whatever) bill didn't have my picture on it either.

Although I admit the $50 bill gets me into more places than my DL. ;)

--
TTFN,
patrick