Practical Common Practice for Collocation Access

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Mon Oct 23 16:44:10 2006

Is it enough of a problem, network operators would be interested in publishing some Practical Common Practices (I hesitate to call it a BCP)
collocation facilities could follow for some common access control scenarios? Tenent access, pre-screened carrier, unscreened vendor, etc.

http://www.ncs.gov/nstac/reports/2005/Final%20TATF%20Report%2004-25-05.pdf

I wouldn't be surprised if most co-lo's don't actually have good reasons why they do some things, and if presented with a reasonable industry agreed practice, would adopt it.