Re: SORBS Contact

  • From: Matthew Sullivan
  • Date: Wed Aug 09 20:07:50 2006

Mark Andrews wrote:
Actually there can be false positive. ISP's
who put address blocks into "dialup" blocks
which have the qualification that the ISP is
also supposed to only do it if they *don't*
allow email from the block but the ISP's
policy explicitly allows email to be sent.
Actually that's debatable - the SORBS DUHL is about IPs assigned to hosts/people/machines dynamically. We do not list addresses where the ISP have sent the list explictitly saying 'these are static hosts, but they are not allowed to send mail' - similarly we do list hosts in the DUHL where the ISP has said 'these are dynamic but we allow them to send mail' - it's about the people using the SORBS DUHL for their purposes, not for helping ISPs getting around the issue of whether to use SORBS as a replacement to port 25 blocking.

Regards,

Mat