Re: SORBS Contact

  • From: Albert Meyer
  • Date: Wed Aug 09 15:21:10 2006

I think we can sufficiently indict SORBS by saying that they are a poorly managed email blacklist which isn't used by anyone with a clue, without putting on our tinfoil hats. http://www.iadl.org makes some interesting claims, but anyone who puts Paul Vixie in the same list of offenders with Alan Brown and Matt Sullivan is clueless at best. SORBS, SPEWS, etc. are a problem, but they aren't a criminal conspiracy, and claiming that they are isn't going to win any points among people who haven't followed the instructions at http://zapatopi.net/afdb/build.html

Michael Nicks wrote:

Don't forget racketeering.

"A person who commits crimes such as extortion, loansharking, bribery, and obstruction of justice in furtherance of illegal business activities."

I think most network operators have learned about the ultra-liberal listing activities of RBLs these days.

-Michael