Re: And Now.... Data Retention. Enjoy!

  • From: Alain Hebert
  • Date: Fri May 26 22:32:47 2006

Duh,

Those crazy americans...

-----

(on the premise of: "network data for two years")

Some republicans have stocks in SAN/NAS/DVD/Hard Drive/etc markets and need a boost?

Around here we're talking about only 70,000 DVD.
I see a way to mirror each pipe into a device capable of compressing it real time to disks and then spew DVD...

But I fail to grasp the scope of the challenge that could be for the big players out there. It would be fun to see some numbers.

-----

Subcriber infos is no big deals, we kept records from day 0. (13 years+)

Thanks Fergie for the entertainment.

Fergie wrote:

Just a heads-up.

CALEA compliance ain't your only concern anymore.

[snip]

U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales and FBI Director Robert Mueller on Friday urged telecommunications officials to record their customers' Internet activities, CNET News.com has learned.

In a private meeting with industry representatives, Gonzales, Mueller and other senior members of the Justice Department said Internet service providers should retain subscriber information and network data for two years, according to two sources familiar with the discussion who spoke on condition of anonymity.

[snip]

More here:
http://news.com.com/2100-1028_3-6077654.html

Cheers,

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
[email protected] or [email protected]

Alain Hebert [email protected] PubNIX Inc. P.O. Box 175 Beaconsfield, Quebec H9W 5T7
tel 514-990-5911 http://www.pubnix.net fax 514-990-9443