Re: Open Letter to D-Link about their NTP vandalism

  • From: Matt Ghali
  • Date: Tue Apr 11 02:24:08 2006

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, Simon Lyall wrote:

Everyone here runs spam filters. Many times a day you tell a remote MTA
you've accepted their email but you delete it instead. Explain the
difference?
Hold on there. What you are describing is evil and bad, and I certainly hope "everyone" does not do that.

When I do not wish to accept a message, I do not accept it, rejecting with an SMTP permanent delivery failure.

Don't mean to go off on a tangent, but accepting and then silently discarding mail is a terrible idea.

matto

[email protected]<darwin><
Moral indignation is a technique to endow the idiot with dignity.
- Marshall McLuhan